Margaret’s Village Posts
Many thanks for tickets to Mrs. Obama’s book launch in Chicago in December, 2018.
On Sunday, April 29, friends and supporters of Harmony, Hope & Healing gathered for their annual Heart Beat 2018 celebration marking “15 years of Transformation through Music.”
As if the angels were shining spotlights on the Beverly Country Club, it was any extraordinarily sunny Sunday afternoon on March 18, 2018 for the Annual Margaret’s Village Spring Luncheon and Fundraiser.
It was a perfect day for a Peace Fair on Sept. 9th. The weather was delightful and the vibe was festive as community members gathered on the block in front of Margaret’s Village on Yale Avenue.
The Margaret’s Village annual fundraising event and honoree celebration was held on Thursday, Sept. 28 to acknowledge four very special individuals for their commitment to our mission to provide a transitional home for women, children and families and offer experiences to help them transform their lives.
A truly big and heartfelt THANK YOU to all the people who helped make our fall fundraiser “Igniting Hope” successful.
While Sister Margaret Traxler was the visionary behind the creation of the Institute of Women Today, her successor Sister Ruth Mutchler provided the executive leadership necessary to sustain and grow what Margaret started.
As many of you already know, Margaret’s Village was deeply saddened by the recent loss of Ms. Sophia Foster, the Director of the Vincennes Senior Center. Sophie was 92 years old, but the sparkle in her eye and the spring in her step made us all think she was really decades younger.
DONATE / GET INVOLVED
You can help improve the lives of women, children and families in need by making a donation to Margaret’s Village.
- 2020 Virtual GalaAugust 28, 2020 - 5:27 pm
- Peoples Gas partners with Bo Jacksons Give Me a Chance Foundation and Rebuilding Together to renovate Maria Shelter at Margaret’s Village in Englewood for National Rebuilding DayMay 2, 2019 - 10:10 pm
- Andrea Kelly , ex-wife of singer R Kelly came to MVOctober 23, 2018 - 4:07 am
- International Peace FairSeptember 18, 2018 - 1:58 am
- Margaret’s Village 2018 Fall Gala on Oct. 11 at Galleria MarchettiSeptember 10, 2018 - 5:50 am
- Empowering Kids to Make Healthy Choices: Tips for Parents
- 2020 Virtual Gala
- Peoples Gas partners with Bo Jacksons Give Me a Chance Foundation and Rebuilding Together to renovate Maria Shelter at Margaret’s Village in Englewood for National Rebuilding Day
- 6th graders pack Easter baskets for Margaret’s Village children
- MV received tickets to Mrs. Obama’s book launch in Chicago in December 2018