Margaret’s Village provides transitional housing for homeless women, children and families, and offers experiences that empower, support and transform women and the broader community so they can achieve their highest potential.
* February, 2018 – Our 2018 Spring Luncheon will be held on March 18 at Beverly Country Club at 12:30. You may buy tickets online here. We will present the Committed Heart Award presented to Donatta Yates and the Frank and Joan Tobin Service Award to Michelle Tines. Hope to see you there!
* December, 2017 – Please remember Margaret’s Village in your gifting this holiday season! You can donate online or contact us at 773-651-8372. Thanks!
* November, 2017 – Thank you for supporting us on #GivingTuesday! A generous donor matched $5,000 in donations that we collected.
* October, 2017 – Thanks to all for making our Fall Gala a big success! Read our recap and view photos here: “Friends of Margaret’s Village Strive for a Better Tomorrow”
* September, 2017 – 2017 Annual Report published.
* September, 2017 – Women’s forum with special guest Dr. Laura Streicher: “Dr. Laura Streicher Visits Margaret’s Village”
* September, 2017 – Peace Fair held at Margaret’s Village: “Englewood Community Gathers on a Sunny Afternoon to Give Peace a Chance”
Maria Shelter is a 50-bed shelter in the Englewood community for homeless women and their children. Believe is a 50-bed program that includes families. Learn more →
Margaret’s Village’s Vincennes Senior Center offers social and recreational activities, educational opportunities, and nutritious meals to over 100 seniors. Learn more →
Margaret’s Village is an integral part of the community and provides a wealth of services ranging from health and wellness activities to a community garden. Learn more →
Stay Connected to Our Community
Margaret’s Village is on the move! We want keep you informed about our work on behalf of Chicago’s neediest community members and our upcoming activities and events. Just take a moment to fill in your email and name, and you will be part of our network. Thanks!
You can help improve the lives of women, children and families in need by making a donation to Margaret’s Village.
You can help with a donation of your time, too. Margaret’s Village needs volunteers for everything from carpentry to child care.
Our growing, thriving communities need supplies, equipment, and more to keep them running.