The Margaret’s Village Associate Board is a group of young professionals committed to furthering MV’s mission. The Board helps with:
- Fundraising – We host social events to raise funds for Margaret’s Village and engender a sense of community among all those who support MV’s mission
- 2018 Barbeque 101 and Craft Beer Tasting event
- 2018 March Madness
- 2017 Christmas Toy Drive
- 2017 Bulls and White Sox tailgates and games
- Volunteering – We organize formal volunteer events for Associate Board members to offer their time and skills
- 2017 Earth Day event and cookout
- 2016 Summer Cookout
- Operational Support – We leverage Associate Board members’ skills to provide targeted operational support
- Technological / web site assistance
- Assistance with annual reports
To learn more about joining theMargaret’s Village Associate Board, please email email@example.com.
Amber Adams – Volunteer Committee
Nick Angel – Operations Committee
Ayrin Bell – Volunteer Committee
Colleen Burns – Operations Committee
Bridget Condon – Events Committee
Cait Coyne – Events Committee
Matt Coyne – Co-President, Events Committee
Tosha Kiss – Events Committee
Tony Klausing – Co-President, Operations Committee (Chairperson), Volunteer Committee
Rasheed Mitchell – Volunteer Committee
Malisha Samarasekera – Operations Committee
Michael Tresnoskwi – Events Committee
Nikki Wegner – Operations Committee
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook – here!
- April 28, 2018 – We are hosting a spring cookout and volunteer day. Join us in the morning as we do landscaping and in the afternoon as we cook out and enjoy the company of the Maria Shelter residents. 10am-noon-Volunteer; noon-1:30 cookout and hang out with residents!
- June, 2018 – We are hosting a BBQ101 and Craft Beer tasting event. On Saturday, June 9th at BBQ Supply Co. Come join us!
- March, 2018 – We put on a March Madness bracket event and raised over $800 dollars.
- December, 2017 – We sponsored a Christmas Clothing in Toy Drive and supplied the shelters with over $3,500 in new winter coats, winter clothing, toys, and financial donations!
- August 24, 2017 – We purchased a block of 100 tickets for the White Sox game vs. the Minnesota Twins on August 24, 7:10pm. Tickets were seated together in Section 162. Ticket price included drinks, snacks, and chicken fingers at a tailgate beforehand. Sponsors for this event included: Hopewell Brewery, Baderbrau, Motor Row, and Vice Brewery District. Thank you to all attendees and our sponsors!
- Earth Day, April 22, 2017 – This year for Earth Day, the Associate Board paid a visit to the Maria Shelter for a cookout with the residents. Together, we planted a variety of flowers in Maria’s Garden.
- Friday, Feb 24., 2017 – The wonderful second graders of Sacred Heart School of Chicago held a bagel sale, with proceeds benefiting Margaret’s Village. Thanks to the students and staff of Sacred Heart for their thoughtful support of Margaret’s Village!
- Thursday, Feb 16., 2017 – The Associate Board purchased a block of 100 tickets to the Chicago Bulls game versus the Boston Celtics. The Bulls won in a nail-biter, 104-103, and we enjoyed drinks at WestEnd Bar and Grille for the game,. Ticket sales benefited Margaret’s Village; thanks to all attendees!
- Tuesday Sep.27, 2016 Tech night! – We brought a 3D Printer down to the Maria Shelter in the Englewood neighborhood, 7315 S. Yale. We showed residents how apps are made and kids drew their own apps. Afterwards, we all enjoyed ice cream sundaes!
- Tuesday Sep. 13, 2016: Friend-Raising Meet and Greet –IWT Executive and Associate Board members mingled at the Currency Exhange Cafe in Washington Park during a a Meet and Greet. We brought friends and learned more about IWT’s mission, the newly formed Associate Board, and opportunities for future engagement.
- Saturday, August 20 – 10:00am-3:00pm, 2016: “Back-To-School” Volunteer clean up and Wing Cookout – We helped organize a storage room of donated products in the morning. In the afternoon, hosted a delicious wing cookout for the residents of the Maria and Believe Shelters, and gave the kids donated backpacks and school supplies for the new school year!
- Saturday, June 11 – 9am-2pm, 2016: Gardening and Cookout – We checked out the IWT Maria Shelter on the Chicago South Side in the Engelwood neighborhood, 7315 S. Yale. We helped plant shrubs and flowers and did some general yard work. After our morning work, we grilled out sausages and chicken wings and hung out with residents and kids.
- Thursday, June 2, 2016 – 6:30pm-8:30pm: Arcade Games and Info at Headquarters Beercade – We hung out and enjoyed drinks and free arcade games at Headquarters Beercade in Lakeview, 2823 N. Sheffield.