The Margaret’s Village Associate Board is a group of young professionals committed to furthering MV’s mission. The Board helps with:
- Fundraising – We host social events to raise funds for Margaret’s Village and engender a sense of community among all those who support MV’s mission
- 2017 Bulls game
- 2017 White Sox tailgate and game
- Volunteering – We organize formal volunteer events for Associate Board members to offer their time and skills
- 2017 Earth Day event and cookout
- Operational Support – We leverage Associate Board members’ skills to provide targeted operational support
- Technological / web site assistance
- Assistance with reports
To learn more about joining theMargaret’s Village Associate Board, please email email@example.com with a brief description of your interest and qualifications.
The leadership of Associate Board members includes:
Other Board members include:
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook – here!
- Chicago Bears Charity game, 2017
- August 24, 2017 – We purchased a block of 100 tickets for the White Sox game vs. the Minnesota Twins on August 24, 7:10pm. Tickets were seated together in Section 162. Ticket price included drinks, snacks, and chicken fingers at a tailgate beforehand. Sponsors for this event included: Hopewell Brewery, Baderbrau, Motor Row, and Vice Brewery District. Thank you to all attendees and our sponsors!
- Earth Day, April 22, 2017 – This year for Earth Day, the Associate Board paid a visit to the Maria Shelter for a cookout with the residents. Together, we planted a variety of flowers in Maria’s Garden.
- Friday, Feb 24., 2017 – The wonderful second graders of Sacred Heart School of Chicago held a bagel sale, with proceeds benefiting Margaret’s Village. Thanks to the students and staff of Sacred Heart for their thoughtful support of Margaret’s Village!
- Thursday, Feb 16., 2017 – The Associate Board purchased a block of 100 tickets to the Chicago Bulls game versus the Boston Celtics. The Bulls won in a nail-biter, 104-103, and we enjoyed drinks at WestEnd Bar and Grille for the game,. Ticket sales benefited Margaret’s Village; thanks to all attendees!
- Tuesday Sep.27, 2016 Tech night! – We brought a 3D Printer down to the Maria Shelter in the Englewood neighborhood, 7315 S. Yale. We showed residents how apps are made and kids drew their own apps. Afterwards, we all enjoyed ice cream sundaes!
- Tuesday Sep. 13, 2016: Friend-Raising Meet and Greet –IWT Executive and Associate Board members mingled at the Currency Exhange Cafe in Washington Park during a a Meet and Greet. We brought friends and learned more about IWT’s mission, the newly formed Associate Board, and opportunities for future engagement.
- Saturday, August 20 – 10:00am-3:00pm, 2016: “Back-To-School” Volunteer clean up and Wing Cookout – We helped organize a storage room of donated products in the morning. In the afternoon, hosted a delicious wing cookout for the residents of the Maria and Believe Shelters, and gave the kids donated backpacks and school supplies for the new school year!
- Saturday, June 11 – 9am-2pm, 2016: Gardening and Cookout – We checked out the IWT Maria Shelter on the Chicago South Side in the Engelwood neighborhood, 7315 S. Yale. We helped plant shrubs and flowers and did some general yard work. After our morning work, we grilled out sausages and chicken wings and hung out with residents and kids.
- Thursday, June 2, 2016 – 6:30pm-8:30pm: Arcade Games and Info at Headquarters Beercade – We hung out and enjoyed drinks and free arcade games at Headquarters Beercade in Lakeview, 2823 N. Sheffield.